Jul 13, 2009

Janae and fam bring the MOTHERLOAD to the Motherland!


WOW!! Words can't explain how much stuff they lugged with them! When I came home from picking up take-out pizza, (nothing like Sbarro pizza for their first night in Moscow!) I found all the TREASURES Janae and fam had brought for us! It was like Christmas! Darron couldn't believe it either! He was THRILLED with the wine Greg brought. Any expat knows how exciting it is when friends bring things we cant' get overseas. We laughed because a few of the things were items I gave Janae when we moved from Paris. Now they are moving back to Kokomo and she gave them back! I was slightly worried about the lack of clothes they brought in order to lug all these goodies! (they did stay fully clothed the whole week-LOL!) My mom is going to be so jealous of the Speculoos! FOUR new jars! THANK YOU Janae, Greg, and Whitney! We are thrilled you are here!

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, Ramen Noodles! :)
    Seriously, HOW did they fit all of that in their suitcases?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a lot of goods! I remember hiding the "import items" from Walter when we were in Paris, especially my crystal light :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I love your blog!! Everything you are doing sounds so fun and adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hersheys cocoa - something I havent found here!! We have been in moscow since april - not going back to the US for a visit until Dec. My folks are coming in sept and I dont think they will have room for clothes as I have gone a little nuts ordering from amazon!
    welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi!! here is my email - katbat1 @ msn (dot) com. without the spaces! I did join the american womens group but have only been to a few meetings - I have a pt nanny and she has weds off, hopefully when school starts I can be more involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would have gone in the buff, but you said no bare butts on the sofa:-) Just wanted to tell you, again, that we had a fab time. You're the best hostess ever! Miss you bunches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katherine put in an order for brown sugar, vanilla and baking powder a while back. Then she proceeded to make cookies!!Sigh....couldnt find any of those ingredients in Moscow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to set up an underground railroad to get some product over there...THere are tons of hooker shoes, but No brown sugar???

    ReplyDelete