Jul 29, 2009

52 Leningradsky Prospect Apt. 87-Our Building, Floor Plan, and our Crazy Door!

Part of our building and our red gate and the security hut. Once I go through the red gate, I go to the left and inside the automatic sliding doors to the elevator. We have 24hr. security and underground parking which will be awesome for Darron in the winter. The guard always lets us in. If not, we have a little sensor on our keys that opens the red gate. Sometimes our security guard appears to be drunk and passed out OR sleeping...but hey, it's Russia! Nothing like a little vodka for breakfast! Just FYI, little Russian lesson, the black and red sign above the red gate..that K word means Kitchen in Russian. It's just an advertisement.


And here is our apartment front door. It looks fairly normal, but it's not. It's the Mr. T of all doors. You can see the circle digicode. We've got a 6 digit number that we punch in and the door beeps and then we can open it. What's really nice is I really don't have to take keys because the guard lets me in the gate! (unless he's sleeping but then I ring the doorbell and wake him up!)


So here is our crazy door opened. It's like a bank vault--very heavy and safe! You can also see we have a "normal door" as well which serves absolutely no purpose. You might notice there isn't a peep hole--no problem. We have a camera in our apartment so we can see who's at the door and also the elevator area. As you are looking into our apartment; to the right is the three bedrooms and to the left is the guest bathroom and living/dining room and kitchen.


Finally, for your viewing pleasure, I posted a picure of our floor plan to make it easier to get a feel for our apartment. I even wrote rooms in English to simplify your reading. I'm nice like that. The writing that is cut off is the guest bathroom (off the hallway to the left of the entry). We really like the layout and that the bedrooms are away from the livingroom/dining and kitchen.


Inside apartment pictures forthcoming...stay tuned for more fun, witty, blog postings!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Love the bank vault door! Seriously, what are you being protected from??? :)

    ReplyDelete